Today was so much fun. It seriously felt like it was a week long. We woke up early this morning, at around 7:30, but we didn’t 100% wake up and get out of bed until 8:30. We headed up to West Palm so that we could go to the beach there and whatnot.
I wanted to take one of those Duck Boat tours of West Palm, so we drove there first, but the tours ended up being like $20 so we didn’t go on that. Instead we went to Palm Beach and to the Breakers. It is so pretty there. We walked around and took pictures and explored. Then we had lunch there, but I remembered it being pretty reasonable. Apparently not. Lunch was still fun. We had a good seat right by the window over looking the beach. Our waiter was so hot. Omg. Unfortunately he offered to bring us crayons so that we could color in our kid’s menus…. He took pictures of us and he was really sweet. He asked where we are from, and Jenn told him that I am interning here while she is from Jacksonville. Later on he asked me where I am “externing.” Um. Alright.
We left the Breakers and drove down Ocean and Worth Avenue, then got out and walked on the beach for a bit. The sand was scalding. I already had a small blister on the bottom of one of my feet but now it is so much worse. The water was beautiful though. The water at Ponte Vedra is brown and gross, but here is amazing and blue. I wanted to go swimming so badly.
We left Palm Beach and went to the mall at Boca, where I got a new dress and Jenn got a bunch of stuff. I thought about driving down to south Beach, but that takes a bit more planning. We ended up having a relaxing afternoon lying out by the pool and swimming on the roof.
We went to Samba Room tonight for dinner with Marsha. When we got there, there was music playing and all this cool art everywhere outside on the patio area. Apparently every Sunday night they have an art party right there. We ate our delicious dinners and I discovered that I love plantain chips, which I did not expect. Afterwards Jenn I went on a walk down to Yachtland and stopped in the shops along the way. And of course took more pictures. On the way back from Yachtland we were playing “Dare or Dare” but that just turned into doing a video project. We stopped random people and asked then what makes them happiest in life, and we got a lot of good answers. The very first couple we ask was two older gay men, and when I asked them one turned to the other and they kissed. And that was their answer. It was adorable. Some people said things like family, friends, etc. But there was this one guy who was walking along, holding a cup of coffee, and his eyes were about a mile wide. I stopped him and immediately h was like, “What? Can I help you? Do you need a picture?!” All in one breath and super fast. He was quite hyper. He and his wife were also a cute couple. His answer was “Good health, the people I love, and motorcycle racing. Yeah that’s about it.” Then he tried to get his wife to say motorcycle racing as well. Funny, she mentioned their kids and he didn’t.
We also asked a homeless man who had the most hilarious answer. Something about woman wearing pretty things and leaving a little bit to the imagination, and smoking cigarettes and throwing up on people that disagree. It was my turn to ask the question and Jenn had to jump in since I had no response to that one.
On the way back we walked back to Samba Room since we were going to buy some of the art. We met the guy that is in charge of all of it and he was really nice. He gestured to a table of drinks and was like, “go on have whatever, this is your house!” And we just got some water and he said, “oh that’s just water…” There were two pitchers on the table and one looked like wine. So Jenn was going to get some, but he said it was Mountain Dew. Ew. It did not look like Mountain Dew. We kept sipping the water and he brought us some cranberry juice and said, “Here this is to mix with the vodka!” Oooooh. So basically we ended up sitting on the artist’s couch, drinking the mango vodka reserved for the artist, and talking to the guy who is in charge of these events. He got my info and I may do it in December. That would be fun. As we were leaving he invited us to come with him to the Viper Room tonight, and it is gay night. He was like, “Yeah you come in, sit down in the back room, smoke a joint, enjoy a drag show and have fun!” We wanted to go, but I told him I had work in the morning. He said he would make sure that he kicked us out by 2:30, but I couldn’t do it. He was so sweet.
Today was so much fun. Seriously, it felt like we did a week's worth of stuff. I am glad Jenn came down to visit. I only have another week of work, then home for good1 Hoorah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment