Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day 97 - Horrible Day

Today was terrible. So. Terrible.

I slept in, nice and late. Got up, packed my car, said bye to my mom, had lunch with my dad, and drove to Arlington. When I was leaving Arlington I got gas before starting the drove to Columbia, and there was this old man in the store. Apparently he had ought a prepaid phone there earlier today, and it still was not working. The woman told him that sometimes it takes a few hours to activate. So then this little old man with a cane threw the phone, breaking it to a bunch of little pieces. Then he took the largest chunk, went outside, and ran it over with his car as he was leaving. Aaaalright.

After I got gas I began the drove to Columbia. It was completely uneventful until I was an hour away from Columbia. I had been listening to an audio book and the CD played stopped working. I stopped, turned my car off and on and it was still acting up. I couldn’t switch to my iPod since the adapter for that is broken as well. Then the whole entertainment console shut off. The screen is black, with little green lines running down it. The CD player still wont work, but the radio is working, although I cant see the screen to see what channel I am on, or what the temp is set at. So that put a major damper on the last hour of my ride, since I hate the radio more than anything.

I got to the hotel, ready to put my stuff down and go get a Groucho’s sandwich. But the hotel lost my reservation. I had to sit there forever while they sorted it out, and I got hungrier and hungrier. Finally they figured it out and I walked to Groucho’s. Only to find it closed. Seriously, there were tears. I have been wanting Groucho’s all summer, and it was closed. It doesn’t open until 11 tomorrow, and I was going to leave at around 10. Bt now I think I will stick around to get lunch.

Then I left, walked back to my car, and drove to Chickfila. That was closed too. It is Wednesday. What the hell. Finally settled on McDonalds. Yuck. I have been sitting in this damn hotel room all night, on my old MySpace. When I was sifting through the 9,000 some odd friends on that one, I found 3 or 4 people using my pictures as their own, and a bunch of fakes of Jamie XTC. I clocked on those, because they are always hilarious, and for a good amount of them, I was in the top friends. What the fuck. I started clicking on a lot of younger “scene” girls MySpaces, and I was in the top friends of so many people I don’t know. It is so creepy. I deleted a good amount of them. Seriously, what the hell. I am not that interesting. Pick someone else to creep up on.

Tomorrow I will be back at Sweet Briar. Summer is over. What will happen to my blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment