Friday at work Megan wrote me a story while I was working on the art auction. It is possibly the most amazing thing ever written.
To a Weezie. From a Weezie.
Once upon a time, there was a girl named W. Eezie who had a curtain of blond hair. One day, W. Eezie decided to go boysenberry picking. She put on her thinsulate trousers, her plaid shirt, and a pair of lopsided Uggs.
"Now," said W. "Where can I find a ripe patch of boisenberries?" W. Eezie scratched her blond head. She adjusted her thinsulate trousers. And she thought. And thought. And thought. And thought. W. Eezie started walking.
W. Eezie walked all the way to the general store. She walked past all of the tractor drivers and the pig breeders. W. Eezie adjusted her thinsulate trousers. She scratched her blond head. And she walked into the general store.
"Hello there Miss Eezie," said Farmer Sam, the general store proprietor. "Would you like to buy another bolt of plaid cloth?"
"No, Farmer Sam," said W, "I need to ask you something."
"Ask away!" said Farmer Sam, taking a puff from his pipe.
"Well, I'm looking for a patch of boysenberries" W. said.
"Boysenberries!" cried Farmer Sam, scratching his plaid-hat-encased head. "I don't rightly know! I'd say your best bet is to go to the land of Sweet Briar. I'm not sure if they have a boysenberry patch, but I know they have a briar patch!"
W. scratched her blond head. She adjusted her thinsulate trousers.
"Sweet Briar..." she murmured. "Later!" And off she ran.
But as soon as Kate got to Sweet Briar, she realized that there were no berries of any kind - except for a Merry Barry! So Kate settled for that. She rolled up the sleeves on her plaid shirt and she lived a very ghoulish, successful existence at Sweet Briar for the rest of her days.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment