Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Day 11 - Shopping, TSI, Kickbacks

Today was lame. Ill just leave it at that. All I did was work clothes shopping, dinner with dad, TSI and Kickbacks. My mom and I talked about my dad being engaged today. That was pretty much the highlight of my day. She told me this afternoon before I went to go have dinner with my dad, because she apparently knew and wanted to give me a heads up. I told her that I have known, and I told her about how I found out about it. I cant tell if she is upset or not about it. I am pissed though because when my grandmother died, she left me a lot of really beautiful jewelry that I was supposed to get when I turned 18. I am 20 now, and I have never seen any of it. Apparently my dad gave Kathleen one of my rings as her engagement ring. Tonight at dinner I told my dad that my mom knows, and we started to talk about it for a bit. My mom had told me about the ring thing, so I asked him if he had bought her a ring. And he said no, that he was still looking. I told him that I know she has a ring, and he fessed up that he gave her one of Nana Helen’s. I made sure he knew that its my ring, and I told him that I am 20 now and I want all of my jewelry back to my by August. It is mine, and I do not want that woman wearing my ring. After diner Jenn and I went to TSI for a cookout then Kickbacks for dessert. Both places were pretty dead though.

There is something that has been bothering me for a while, that I feel like the majority of my friends do. With my core group of friends, we are all addicted to our cell phones. With any of them, we go out to eat and we are texting almost the whole time, and it’s all right. We all have an understanding that we aren’t being rude, and we are still paying attention. With a few people I feel like that has been abused lately. Like out to dinner and I am trying to have a conversation and I am being completely ignored. Also, lately I have felt like a bunch of people I have been spending time with choose to constantly talk about how popular they are. That was an odd sentence to word. So many times lately I have heard “Oh my god so man people just texted me,” “So many people just asked me to hang out today,” “My phone wont stop blowing up,” etc. I feel that is just one of those things that you shouldn’t feel the need to talk about. Maybe that is just me, since most people do that. It makes me feel bad because I don’t have many friends left in Florida, and when ever I am down here I have a small pool of people to spend time with, and hearing about other people’s amazing social lived makes me feel pretty shitty. Give me Virginia, and I am set, but not so much here anymore. I don’t know if I am over reacting, and this is just normal, or if it only applies to my friends. Everyone seems to be doing this lately.

I have been thinking about some things more lately, and these small things are really starting to get on my nerves. Just stupid small things that no one notices, but they are all really huge to me.

I leave for Ft. Lauderdale in a few days, on Sunday. I got some clothes today for work. I have mixed feelings about going still. I will only get a total of 4 weeks in Jacksonville this summer, and I am really not okay with that. I had a rough year at school, and I need down time. I know I am going to enjoy this job and learn a lot; I just don’t want to deal with the stress and the work I have to do for school to get credit for this on top of normal work. I am trying to be positive about it though. I was talking to Colton earlier, and I told him about my job:

Colton Lane: What are u doing after that??
Kate Gorman: living in ft Lauderdale for 2 months
Colton Lane: Damn
Colton Lane: Party
Kate Gorman: haha i wish
Colton Lane: What are u gonna be doing there?
Kate Gorman: working
Colton Lane: Oh yeah? Doing what??
Kate Gorman: marketing for a hospital. its gonna be rough
Colton Lane: That sounds like a grown ass lady job
Kate Gorman: hahaha
Kate Gorman: I like that
Colton Lane: Yeah for real though
Colton Lane: That sounds like a legit job
Kate Gorman: its an internship, so its more of a fake real job
Colton Lane: I am proud of u Kate.
Kate Gorman: Thanks
Colton Lane: I'm for real like none of my friends ever do anything with the lives. But like it seems like u are
Colton Lane: That's cool
Kate Gorman: thanks. Im trying.
Colton Lane: Yeah I realize that may seem a little weird to hear
Colton Lane: But.... I'm kinda wasted so its alright lol

That was nice to hear, except for the last part….

Tomorrow I have random appointments then hopefully hanging out with Emma. I just realized that I have been listening to the Beauty and the Beast soundtrack in the background while typing this, without realizing it. Hm…. Changing. Back to my current favorite song, which SURPRISE, brings the livelavalive video I am in love with right now. I love Ghostland Observatory, and I love that he used this song in a video.

No comments:

Post a Comment