Today is Tuesday. I wore my new pants to work and the purple top I wore last week and it was a good outfit. I like wearing pants because I get a break from the panty hose. Ugh. I got a key to my office today, so I no longer am going to get locked out with my phone and computer staring at me from my desk. And I don't have to get up every time someone wants to come in to open the door from the inside. Some IT guys came in earlier and dropped a line for my phone, but I still have no phone. I don't want to give out my cell number anymore. When the guys came in to drop the line I just took my tea and left and got lunch. I have had the same thing for the past week for lunch. Grilled cheese, mandarin oranges, banana and spinach. I honestly don;t think I can get sick of it. All of my favorite things in one meal. It is easy to eat semi healthy here since it is a hospital.
I went to Publix last night right after work. honestly, I need to do this every day. Because it was downtown, right when everyone is getting off work, and there were some of the hottest guys I think I have ever seen, all buying their groceries. All mid 20's, business attire. I may start buying my groceries on a daily basis instead of once a week. For some reason I was craving a turkey sandwhich. I HATE turkey, and i hate whole grain bread. But for some reason, all of could think about all day was a cracked pepper turkey sandwhich on whole grain. So I got a bunch of turkey and a loaf of bread and it was delicious. No clue why I was craving that.
Tonight as I was driving home from work it started to pour. Normally, when it begins to rain like that, people think, "Oh geez I better get inside." Not me. Of course not. So I sped home, changed my clothes, grabbed my phone and credit card and went right back outside. I walked down Las Olas in the downpour, and found Mind's Eye Gallery, a place I want to work. I just stood in the rain and looked at all of the Warhols, Dalis, Matisses, Rothkos, and other amazing artists. I talked to Jenny the whole time I was outside and it was nice. And of course, while I was talking to her I found a Lilly Pulitzer store. It made me just walk past faster but also attempt to use that as a bribe to get Jenny to come down to visit. I sweat, no one wears more Lilly than her. I proudly own absolutely zero items of Lilly Pulitzer clothing, which is shocking for a Sweet Briar girl.
I stopped at Cheesecake Factory ad got myself two meals. One for dinner and one for lunch tomorrow. As I was walking back I sat across from my building and down the street from YOLO. I sat on a bench and talked to Jenny ad watched the valet guys at YOLO park cars. then I realized that those valet guys were MY valet guys from every morning. Then I was confused. they were running back and forth parking cars from YOLO and the 350 building. The two are not connected at all.
This afternoon I sat Denise down and gave her an art lesson. I showed her what I do, and showed her some artists and other forms of art. So thinking about that and YOLO makes me want to post this. When I first messing around with the bleeding technique around February/March I did this. It was one of the first bleeding pieces I did, along with one based on a Jack Bush piece. I saw a painting at YOLO when I was there in January and used the color scheme for this monoprint. I love it. Yet again, I have weird tastes in everything so it is most likely hideous but I just don't see it.
I just watched House and Hawthorne with Marsha, and now I am passing out. It is 10:15. I live a sad, sad life.

No comments:
Post a Comment