Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day 69 - Beach, Naps, Kickbacks, Steamworks

This morning I woke up quite early, compared to my horrendous sleep schedule lately. Evan picked me up and we headed to the beach. Yet again, it was a very relaxing morning. It felt super empty though. It was a morning of just floating around and talking about music. Although I was hit by a surprise wave and the sunglasses that wear daily were stolen off my face by the ocean. I was very sad. At one point later on we were just laying on the sand and talking. There was a lull in conversation and I looked over and his GameBoy had appeared out of no where, and he was playing Pokemon. That, right there, is why we are friends.

We had lunch at Ponte Vedra, then I headed home and took the longest nap. It was one of those crap naps that when you wake up you are burning up and sweaty and gross. Anyways, I woke up and started to watch Breakfast Club, but I ended up going to Kickbacks with Jenn. Then to Starbucks/Steamworks with Amber. For some reason, tonight was one of those nights where everything hilarious that could be said was said. Yet it could never be understood by anyone else as to why it was so funny.

Walking past Al’s: Me – “I hate walking past the windows at Al’s when there are people sitting here.”
Jenn – “I like it.”
Amber – “I think it’s so-so.”

Then I think the flannel shirt I was wearing tonight impaired my speech. I was talking like a redneck accidentally, then my completely sober speech was slurring so badly I sounded black, even using words such as “fiddy” instead of “fifty.”

No comments:

Post a Comment