I have been feeling quite domestic lately. I said this to Corbett earlier and he just laughed at me. My mom is out of town for teacher conferences and has left me in charge to man the fort. It is only 3:10 today and already I have taken Liam to school, had my car serviced (hoorah for operational windshield wipers), and picked up Emily from Episcopal. I am sitting at her orthodontist office waiting for her right now and people watching.
In the next few days I will be packing lunches, carpooling, watching basketball practices, cleaning, doing dishes and leading sleepovers. This will be entertaining. My mom thinks that Liam and I hate each other, but we are actually quite civil when left alone. Whenever I watch him or we do something together we get along great and we actually have interesting conversations. Well, as interesting as it can be with a nine year old. On the other hand, when we are with my mom we bicker and argue, leading our mother to believe we hate each other. I think that in actuality it's just a problem of age difference. I was raised as an only child and even after nine years I have not been able to adjust to sharing my mother. And he is basically an only child eight months out of the year, which leads to us competing for attention when I am home. It makes me feel like I am also nine years old, but it is not intentional. It's just how we are.
So the next few days should be fun, spending a good amount of time with Liam. I am saying this after only 8 hours of being temporary head of the house. We will see how I feel on Saturday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment