Sunday, January 3, 2010

NYE and whatnot

Jenn and I have described New Years as simply "interesting." Yes, it was lots of fun, but it was just interesting. Interesting people, interesting events, interesting places.

NYE in a nutshell: picked up Corbett, went to Kickbacks, went to Preston's, to the Pearl, then back to Kickbacks and Preston's.

The Pearl was fun, as always. It was empty until about 11:30, then it cleared out at 12:20. We left before one and went back to Kickbacks for some brownie bites, which are always delicious. Although while we were enjoying our delicious fried brownie batter, all of the action was three blocks down at Preston's. When we walked in the door Cory just walked over to be and said, completely dead pan, "Dude. You missed all the action." Corbett appeared from the next room and lead Jenn and I to the bathroom, where there was a guy standing with a blood soaked shirt, with another shirt pressed against a huge gash in his head. Well, alright. We meandered over to the next room, smoke filled, with people just laying around. Literally. We waded back into the living room to find a place to sit. All o the ice from the kegs had melted, and it mixed with all of the dirt from the outdoors, turning the floor into a muddy pond. At one point it was basically a puddle, standing still on those old hard wood floors.

The day after New Years Jenn and I washed our cars by hand. We got her car really clean, and even cleaned out the inside and conditioned her leather. I wish I had started to condition my leather when I first got my car because now the seats are cracked, and they look like they are 10 years older than they are. We went to the Orange Park mall, tried on the most intensely padded bras known to mankind, got dinner from Arby's then home.

We ended up having a little food bonanza that night, similar to what Rob and I used to do senior year. We got little meals at Arby's, then after getting dressed we went to Sake House where Jenn got the worst Sushi ever. She wanted a volcano roll, which is usually spicy and crunchy. What she got was just full of cream cheese and gross. She said something to our Hulky woman of a waiter, who used her ninja skills her steal Jenn's jacket, and the woman refused to give her something different, or even listen. As got the check, and they charged her for the rolls even though she didn't eat them. I complained and got 10% off the bill, and as we were leaving the woman said, "Maybe she want something crunchy?" Well DUH. We said that countless times. It was frustrating, yet entertaining to hear the little Asian cashier telling us that it isn't the law to make volcano rolls the same as every other place.

From there we went to Popeye's for some chicken and biscuits before going to Shanty Town. there was a band called Chicken and Whskey playing at Shanty Town, so we got some Chicken, then some whiskey from Jenn's friend so that we could participate in the show. Although we never even saw the band since it was boring. Off to North Star to watch the game for a bit, then home.

I have had super lazy days since then, and I am enjoying it.

1 comment: