Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Lack O'Blogging

So I am sitting in the Five Points Theater right now, seeing Sherlock Holmes for the third time and i feel like any second now Rob is going to slap me upside the head and tell me to pay attention or to drink my beer. When the beer next to me is horrid and I'd like to pretend it's not sitting there. This post is going to have a slew of typos as I am sitting in the theater and typing fast and barely looking at the keyboard.

Anyways, since I last posted I have come home and been home for about a week. My drive home was horrid. I left on Friday right after an exam instead of leaving Saturday and staying at Britt's for a night or so. I ended up driving through my blizzard on my way to South Carolina. Driving through it was a horrible idea. I wish I would be exaggerating when I say that I am shocked I made it alive. First, there was the weather. Snow and ice everywhere, and all of the cars. It was a nightmare. Second, I hadn't slept on three days. I was not only falling asleep at the wheel, but hallucinating. I spent a good twenty miles convinced the car in front of me was Frankenstein running away from me.

I got home last Saturday and just slept, I think. I can't really remember what I did in the next dew days besides Christmas shopping out the wazoo.

Jenn came home on Wednesday I think and that night we went to Square One, where I think I met my future husband. Although I didn't get his name or anything. He was an art dealer and an iPhone app developer. So he said. Jenn and I had a jolly time at Square One and hung out for a while after.

Thursday was Christmas Eve. I went to my dads and met Kathleen's entire family. My new step sister is like 40. The whole night was horrible. No one would talk to me. Every time I got settled in a room everyone would leave. My step sister's husband was a dick. And I got the ugliest Christmas gifts ever. My dad and Kathleen got everyone PJs to wear for Christmas and mine were hot pink with frogs. Seriously?! My dad and uncle Tim got blue plaid PJs. I want those. It was nice to have Tim and Peg there, since I haven't seen them in about eight years. Tim is hilarious and we have the same sense of humor so we get along well. It was fun to see him interact with the new family because they didn't know how to react to anything he would say. And he's always drunk, in a non-alcoholic way, so that's a plus.

Christmas day was very good, after I left my dads and got home. I got lots of clothes and books and gift arcs for Saks, Neiman Marcus, and Bloomingdales worth $1500 so I can do some damage with those. That night Corbett and I went to see Sherlock Holmes, my first time. It was amazing. And now, watching it for the third time, it's still amazing.

The day after Christmas we thought it would be a good idea to go shopping at the town center, and we were wrong. It was swamped. Worse than black Friday. I saw a bunch of people from EHS and just ran off and avoided talking to any of them, aside from Kristin Otterson.

That night Jenn and I went to Kickbacks and the old man that's always there came over and gave us out menus and it was hilarious and adorable. After Kickbacks we got ready to go to TSI, then went to Adams for a bit. We hung out around TSI, I peed in a alley behind a dumpster then we went inside. This was Saturday and it was dead. We were in the front dancing for a bit when Jenn got on stage to explore and found an ice cold, unopened 20oz PBR. Naturally I slipped it under my super stylish sweatshirt I was wearing an boogied off and we drank it in the bathroom. Good god I can't wait until I'm 21. We left TSI and went to the Casbah with Corbett for a bit, then to Shanty Town where not much was going on since it was about these in the morning.

Last night Jenn and I had dinner at Kickbacks where we saw MC and ge bought us dinner. Our dear Ron Burgundy rubbed my back lovingly while taking our orders, making me feel loved and safe with his adorable father-like presence. After we left Kickbacks we rode our bikes around Riverside and saw Sherlock Holmes. After getting coffee and bile lights and sitting at Starbucks for a while we went back to Kickbacks for dessert, then home.

Today I just ran errands, and had dinner with Rob at the Loop. Then we went to O'Brothers for some drinks before coming to the theater.

Time to actually watch the movie and drink this heinous beer. Woo.

No comments:

Post a Comment