Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Day 4 - Accident, Kickbacks, MC

Today was another ridiculous day. Seriously, if my days continue to be an random as the last few days, I am in for one hell of a summer. This morning began with my phone interview with a man from my internship in Miami. We talked a bit about what I will be doing this summer and whatnot. Then I worked up the nerve to IM Jenn, although I promptly fell back asleep 2 minutes later. Awesome. Around 1 Emily Risdon called and I went and picked her up at St. Marks and we got lunch and I helped her study for her exams tomorrow. We hung out for a bit, and then decided to go to Target, because that’s how we roll.

On the way back from Target, Emily and I were in the car, in the turn lane on Roosevelt getting ready t turn left onto Longbow. There was a car in front of us and one other coming in the opposite direction. The light was green, and the car in front of us had plenty of time to turn, although he just wouldn’t go. When the car coming in the opposite direction was getting ready to pass through the intersection he went, and they smashed together. I felt like he timed it just so they would collide. Immediately Emily and I got out in the rain and called 911. The man who stupidly drove into the intersection was really old, and is car was wedged between two electric poles, making the stoplights go out. The woman who he hit has 3 children in the car, and the eldest girl in the front seat was hurt. We waited around for the police and rescue to come, and then we had to stay and talk to them for a while. I think every one was okay, but it was still scary.



Later on I just spent time with my mom and Liam, we played Life and read the Westing game, which is one of my favorite books ever. Liam doesn’t seem to be too enthused, but I am trying to get him excited about it.

Jenn and I hung out all night, which I am excited about. The endless stomachache is over. Hoorah! First we went to Starbucks in Five Points and I spilled scalding hot tea all over myself, and almost died. Well, I would have lived, but I almost cried. MC came over from where he works at the Sushi Café and hi boss eventually came over too. We took MacBook pictures, and MC acted like it was Christmas morning. He was elated.



From there, we went to Kickbacks, thinking it would just be a stop before heading to Shanty Town, but we ended up being there until after 2. We met a bunch of nice guys and hung out with them. It turned out to be an awesome night. I am exhausted now, and Jenn is sleeping over so I am just going to leave this as the worst post ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment